Monday, December 20, 2010

Miss Arizona Send Off Show

This past Saturday, I had the honor to attend Miss Arizona 2010's Send Off Show.  Katy Bulkley showcased her Miss America wardrobe and let me just say it was FABULOUS!  I was very excited when Katy first contacted me to borrow my state costume dress for the traditional Show Us Your Shoes Parade.  This parade has been an annual tradition since Miss America's founding days, but was temporarily discontinued when the pageant moved to Las Vegas.  This year will be the first year of the parade since leaving Atlantic City.  Unfortunately, the dress didn't work out perfectly for Katy but we did detach my train so she could have it attached to her own dress!  After seeing Katy's wardrobe, I've already called "dibs" on a few items in exchange for borrowing the train - Hehe!  I wish Katy the best of luck at Miss America.  I'm thrilled to not only have her represent our state but also to call her a Miss Arizona sister!  Katy, no rock that stage and bring home the "big" crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment