Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 3 - Rehearsals, Fashion Show



Day 2 was filled with rehearsals all day.  We learned the opening number and worked on walks again.  We still aren't quite sure what the walks are going to be used for, but I'm sure we'll find out.  I've been deemed the "dancer" in my group of contestants 1-10.  Mrs. Conneticut and Mrs. Colorado are always pushing me to the front.  They are so funny - they have the moves down, but they keep telling me they need to see me to make sure they aren't messing up. 

Later that afternoon we had a rehearsal for the Mrs America Donors Choose Fashion Show.  I was fortunate enought to be deemed the "media face" for this event, so I was especially looking forward to it. I had been selected to model my state costume - which had never been seen before!  Suzanne Novak of Suzanne's Bridal Boutique in Gilbert custom made my state costume which was designed to replicate the Arizona state flag.  For the first time in 18 years, Mrs Arizona was going to wear a new state costume!!!  Prior to the fashion show, we had a cocktail hour with the attendees which was so much fun. I had the chance to see my director for the first time since arriving and to visit with other friends - Diane Tucker, Vic & Lorraine DeNigris, Elisa Rister, Kathy Lauer, Hilary Greener, Vanessa Menendez, Chris Frans and many more.  Ironically, I ran into 2 gals that were at my appreance the previous week in Tucson too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment