Monday, September 13, 2010

Arriving to Mrs America!

I started the morning with a nice run around the neighborhood, made breakfast and then sent the boys off on their way.  At 10:30 my makeup artist arrived and she made feel look and feel fabulous for my big day.  I love having a makeup artist!!!!  As I headed out of town, I stopped by mom's house to visit a friend who was doing a photo shoot with her newborn daughter and to say a quick good bye to my mom. 

I arrived to Loews around 3pm with a car filled with 3 garment bags, 1 suitcase, 1 train case full of makeup0, 2 cases of bottled water, 1 rolling rack, 1 full length mirror, and a bag of groceries.  Me being "superwoman" thought I could pile it on my rolling rack and check-in on my own.  Well, that quickly was proven wrong when I had to navigate the slanted parking lot. I must have been a sight to see! 

Upon arrival, I was instructed that I was one of the last 8 to arrive and that our official photographer Don Seidman needed to shoot us at the "rock".  So I hung around  for a bit and then decided I wanted to get my luggage to the room and at least hang my dresses.  I ran back downstairs and learned we were still waiting for girls,  So then, I had a few moments to check in with Elaine Marmel to get my opening number dress, our shoes, swimsuit, and sarong.  Once the final 8 arrived and we were shuttled off via golf cart to the "rock".  Some of us were so fortunate to be dubbed "rock climbers" - so we kicked off our heels and climbed on top of the entrance rock in our nice dresses.  We then were dismissed to prepare for the orientation dinner.  

At the Orientation Dinner, we each received these adorable western gal jewelry hangers.  The perfect gift for pageant gals - we have tons of jewelry!!!  At the dinner, I had the chance to get to know Mrs. Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah (my roommie), Maine and Hawaii.  We discovered what a small work pageants really are.  Mrs New Mexico's sister Nicole competed with me in Miss Arizona USA 2002.  Mrs Hawaii's friend from Miss USA Erin competed with me in America's National Teenager 1996.  And Mrs Wyoming used to live in Scottsdale.  After a fun-filled evening I returned to my room to unpack more, get organized and get a good night's sleep, because we had a photoshoot scheduled the next morning at 6:15 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment