Monday, August 9, 2010

HopeKids Luau

After the 3 Day Walk Preview Expo, I headed over to Sunrise Pool in Peoria to attend the HopeKids Luau.  HopeKids is an amazing organization that provides support to terminally ill children and their families.  HopeKids organizes events such as the Luau to allow "Hope Kids" to have fun and enjoy life.  The organization also sends Hope Kids to concerts, sporting events, movie premiers and more.  They even helped a Hope Kid get a role in the upcoming movie "Letters to God". 

My husband and son were able to attend the event and had a great time as well!  Thankfully they were there, because I had a few girls that made it their mission to get me in the water - despite being in a dress, crown and sash!  If it hadn't been for my husband I was getting lured right under a water bucket thanks to those girls!!! 

My favorite part of the event was when an 11 year old girl asked me if I thought that a Hope Kid could be Miss America. I explained to her a Hope Kid could do anything - be Miss America or even become President.  I told her about the Miss America Outstanding Teen and how she could start on that journey in another 2 years.  She was so excited and as she walked away she told her older sister "I'm going to be Miss America... but first I'm going to win Miss America Outstanding Teen!"

Thank you Bridget for allowing me and my family to attend the event.  I am looking forward to working more with your great organization! 

No comments:

Post a Comment