Friday, August 27, 2010

Mountain of Miracles Radiothon and Tee Up For Tots Golf Tournament

Today I spent the day in beautiful Tucson...  thought I would check it out before I spend a week there at Mrs. America.  Just kidding!  I actually was invited to attend two great events today.  I started the morning off working the call center for Jennie & Chris's Mountain of Miracles Radiothon for Tucson Medical Center and Children's Miracle Network.  I was fortunate enough to be joined by former Mrs. World/America/Arizona Diane Tucker, Mrs. Arizona 2009 Elisa Rister, Kathy Lauer Miss Beauties of America 50's and Mrs. Vail Syriah Bechtel.  We had a great time answering calls and accepting pledges to benefit CMN and TMC. 

Immediately after the Radiothon, I headed to the Tee Up For Tots Golf Tournament.  Although, I had my first hiccup as Mrs. Arizona.  There was a communication error and I headed to the beautiful Hilton El Conquistador for the golf tournament.  Little did I know, this was the previous location for the tournament, but it was also the location for the Tee Up For Tots Art Show and Sale.  Thankfully, with the help of the artist present, I was able to get the correct location for the golf tournament.  So, I headed to the Omni where I had been asked to speak on my involvment with teminally ill children.  I was so inspired by the work that Tee Up For Tots Golf Tournament has completed in Tucson and the state of Arizona.  But most of all, I found a new strength in hearing the story of a young leukemia patient by the name of Dana. Dana, I said today "You are my hero.  You are one strong cookie and keep up the fight.". 

No comments:

Post a Comment