Sunday, August 29, 2010

University of Arizona Alumni Annual Kickoff Event




My family and I were invited to attend the UofA Alumni Annual Kickoff Event at the Scottsdale Plaza Conference Center.  I have to admit, we felt a bit out of place, since neither of us graduated from UofA.  We had a great time meeting various athletic coaches, past UofA athletes, Governor Jan Brewer and several other dignitaries. 

I think Jackson made a lasting impression on Governor Brewer and her staff.  I wanted to introduce myself to her, but I also wanted to respect her time and allow her to enjoy her lunch.  But Jackson decided he just had to have her purse!  He ran right up to her chair and was trying to grab at her purse, then he decided to sneak behind her security guard and push on his knees.  Poor guy was a little surprised by that.  Then Governor Brewer spotted my little one playing with the security guard.  She immediately bent down to him and started telling him how cute he was.  What a fun-filled day for Jackson - he met Wilbur the Wildcat followed by Gov. Brewer!

No comments:

Post a Comment