Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 8 - Finals






Well, today was the big day - Finals competition.  While I wasn't selected for the Top 12, I know I did my absolute best.  The tiny disappointment of not making top 12 was short lived when my good friends - Colorado and Conneticut were called for Top 12 and then top 6!  Ultimately, Shelley Carbonne Mrs Conneticut was crowned Mrs America!!!  I was so happy for Shelley that I was screaming and crying when they called her name as the new Mrs. America.  I would have been jumping up and down too but I was on the top riser in 4 inch heels. 

While I was packing everything up I was thinking about my performance.  My goal was to better than I did at Miss America.  While I may not have the "top 12" title to contest my performance, I know I competed better now than I did during my Miss days.  I have grown so much from this experience as a woman, mom and wife! 

Thanks to Mrs. West Virginia for the mini wine bottles for all of us gals.  Cheers to a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment