Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 6 - Rehearsals & Prelims

We spent all day finalizing the Final Show!  I can't tell you how many times I heard our opening number song "Celebrate" as we kept hammering out all the final touches of the production number.  I still can't believe that the final competition is tomorrow night.

Maryland (1stRU), Colorado (top 6), Arizona and Conneticut (Mrs. America 2011)
during rehearsals before the prelim show. 
After several hours of rehearsals, we were able to go back to primp and get ready for our 1st night of competition - Preliminaries.  Thankfully I had Leslie and Kelly waiting to make me look my absolute best, so I didn't have to stress at all! 

What a whirlwind of a show.  Before I knew it, I was headed off the stage after competiting in swimsuit. I honestly don't remember what I did or how I looked in swimsuit.  One of the joys of being AZ, is that we model in alphabetical order of our state.  Since all of us had to exit the stage after our opening number together, Alabama, Alaska and me Arizona had to be back onstage together in 2 1/2 minutes.  Hence, why I don't really remember modeling - I think I was still trying to catch my breath after a quick change.  A huge thank you to all of my fans in the audience, you made me feel incredible.  There is nothing better that walking out on the Mrs. America stage and hearing the audience go crazy for you.  Diane Ritter, my director, did a great job of making sure my fans were holding up my "face on a stick" - haha!  Thank you to Julie Phillips for helping me choose the most amazing gown ever - I felt incredible in my gown!  Thank you to Jeff at JDM Personal Training for making sure I was in the best shape possible without being too ripped!

No comments:

Post a Comment